Minibus Leasing - The Basics
Driving Licence Requirements for minibus drivers
Please see our page on Minibus Driving Licence
If you volunteer to drive a minibus you must, by law:
- ensure a Section 19 permit has been obtained if one is needed;
- hold the appropriate full car driving licence to do so;
- be at least 21 years old;
- be insured to drive the vehicle in question;
- not drive a minibus with more than 16 passenger seats; and
- have held a full driving licence for at least two years when driving a minibus under a Section 19 permit.
You must comply with any additional requirements imposed by your local education authority, school or insurers. These may relate in particular to training, age or length of qualification to drive.