Minibus Leasing FAQ | MinibusLeasingUK Minibus Drivers Licence Pre 1997

Minibus Leasing FAQ

Minibus Leasing - The Basics


Minibus Drivers Licence Pre 1997

If you passed your car driving test before 1 January 1997, you automatically gained a licence with Category B and D1 entitlement, or Groups A and B on older licences, qualifying you to drive minibuses as well as private cars.

If you pass the car driving test on after 1 January 1997, you no longer automatically gain a licence with Category D1 minibus entitlement. You will need to pass the additional Category D1 test to drive minibuses, together with the standard theory test and a medical examination. If you are willing to do this, your school or LEA should make all the necessary arrangements and meet the costs of the training, test and medical report. Paid time off should be given for all these matters.

© 2022 OVL Group Ltd