Minibus Leasing - The Basics
Minibus Driver Training
You should agree to drive a minibus only if you have received proper training. Even if you have received such training, however, you cannot be required to drive a minibus. Driver training should normally include:
- familiarisation with the vehicle;
- simple vehicle checks to be conducted before each journey
- emergency procedures;
- passenger care;
- use of seatbelts/harnesses etc;
- use of passenger lift, if there is one;
- loading/unloading and securing of wheelchairs;
- journey planning; and
- road assessment on the types of road the driver is likely to use, for example, motorways, dual carriageways, urban/rural roads etc.
Many local education authorities provide accredited training schemes for minibus drivers.